Who We Are
The mission of the Sierra Club political program is to preserve the environment through nonpartisan grassroots political action. The principal goals of the program are:
- To elect candidates who will support and promote environmental protection;
- To raise public awareness about environmental issues and elevate the priority of these issues for decision-makers;
- To encourage Club members and other environmentalists to participate in the political process;
- To advance the Club's conservation agenda by building relationships with legislators and other elected officials; and
- To strengthen the Sierra Club's capacity to elect pro-environment candidates at every level of government.